NEET UG 2026 Cancelled: Centre Orders Re-Exam and CBI Probe

The NTA cancelled the May 3 NEET UG examination after investigative findings raised concerns over the integrity of the process, prompting the Centre to order a fresh test and a CBI inquiry

Guwahati: Lakhs of medical aspirants across the country, the National Testing Agency (NTA) on Tuesday announced the cancellation of the NEET UG 2026 examination conducted on May 3. The decision follows investigative inputs reviewed in coordination with central agencies and law enforcement authorities.

Confirming the move, the NTA stated that the examination would be conducted again on fresh dates to be announced later. The agency said the decision was taken “to ensure transparency in the system” and protect the credibility of national-level examinations.

In its official statement on X, the NTA said, “The inputs received by NTA, taken together with the findings shared by the law enforcement agencies, established that the present examination process could not be allowed to stand.”

The Government of India has also ordered a comprehensive CBI probe into the allegations linked to the examination process. The NTA said it would fully cooperate with the investigation and provide all necessary records and materials.

Importantly, the agency clarified that students will not have to register again. Existing candidature details, registration data and chosen examination centres from the May 2026 cycle will automatically be carried forward for the re-examination. No additional fee will be charged, and the fees already paid will also be refunded.

The NTA further urged candidates and parents to rely only on official announcements and avoid misinformation circulating on social media.

The controversy had earlier triggered strong political reactions, with Congress leaders Rahul Gandhi and Mallikarjun Kharge questioning the examination process and demanding accountability.

Also Read: Assam’s First Woman Finance Minister Ajanta Neog Returns to Cabinet as Himanta 2.0 Takes Shape

Previous articleAssam’s First Woman Finance Minister Ajanta Neog Returns to Cabinet as Himanta 2.0 Takes Shape
Next articleZubeen Garg Death Case: Accused Shyamkanu Mahanta Moves Gauhati High Court for Bail

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here